The American Legion’s initiative encourages American Legion Family members, veterans, servicemembers and others to take action when they believe a veteran is at risk of suicide.
To reduce the alarming number of veteran suicides.
Our goal is to destigmatize asking for mental health support, provide peer-to-peer support and resources, and educate everyone on how they can help.
- Talk with fellow veterans about how you are feeling.
- Ask for help when you think you need it.
- Know there are millions of people ready to help you.
- Remember your family and friends care.
- Ask veterans in your life how they are doing.
- Listen when a veteran needs to talk.
- Reach out when a veteran is struggling.
AMERICAN LEAGION POSTS
- Educate members, other veterans and civilians on the campaign.
- Display resources at your posts or in your community.
- Share events or success stories at LegionTown.org